Sunday, November 19, 2006

Review of Bradley's Essential Computer Security

I had mentioned in prior post that I would review Tony Bradley's new book, Essential Computer Security.

I just posted a review on Amazon. Here's an excerpt:

There's real meat in here that goes into surprising detail that's easy to follow that I've haven't seen in other recent books.Tony does a good job of covering setting up Local Security policies on Windows machines, for example. This is something I've only seen in hardcore techie manuals that probably wouldn't normally be seen by most home users.


There's a great chapter on disaster recovery, how to follow security bulletins from Microsoft and apply patches regularly. And, for the daring home use, even a chapter on setting up Linux.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home